Music on MCB | Orquestra Pinheiros e o Coral do Esporte Clube Pinheiros
The Museu da Casa Brasileira, an institution of the State Culture Secretariat, managed by the Civil Society through the House of Arts and Artifacts of Brazil, presents on December 9, Sunday, at 11am, the concert “Christmas Time” with the Orquestra Pinheiros and the Coral do Esporte Clube Pinheiros.
With the intention of celebrating the end of the year and closing the 19th season of the project Music at MCB, the orchestra will perform a repertoire in homage to happiness, having as its main theme the composition “Ode à Alegria” (Ludwig van Beethoven – 9th Symphony). The script, the direction and the direction are of Murilo Alvarenga. Other songs like “Noite Feliz (Sereno)” by Luiz Inácio and “Feliz Natal”, by Alvarenga & Ranchinho, are part of the repertoire of the presentation.
On this day, the museum terrace will receive 65 people, divided between 33 musicians in the orchestra and pianist, 27 singers in the choir, vocal coach and the maestro. The show will also feature the special participation of singers Ana Taglianetti, Catarina Mar and Rita Valente.
In 2018, Music at MCB had 26 performances, attracting an audience of more than 20 thousand people and bringing to the stage great names of the musical medium, such as Xaxado Novo, Mawaca, Paulo Serau, Carlinhos Antunes, among others. To check who touched the Museum on Sundays, visit: http://bit.ly/Música2018. The 20th season of the project will begin in February 2019 with Kolombolo and Pifanos Block of São Paulo.
1. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (L. van Beethoven)
2. A Cristmas Festival (Leroy Anderson)
3. It’s Beginning To Look Like Christmas (Meredith Wilson)
4. Sleigh Ride (Leroy Anderson)
5. Christmas Time is Here (Vince Guaraldi)
6. Gesu Bambino (Pietro A. Yon)
7. All I Want For Christmas (Mariah Carey & W. Afanasief)
8. The Christmas Song (Robert Wells & Mel Torme)
9. Here Comes Santa Medley (Autrey & Haldeman, Coots & Gillespie)
10. O Holy Night (Adolphe-Charles Adam)
11. White Christmas (Irving Berlin)
12. Ring Christmas Bells (Mykola Leontovich)
13. Let The Bells Ring (Mykola Leontovich) arr.: R. Buckley
14. Dashing Through the Snow (Pierpoint) arr.: J. Leavitt
15. Noite Feliz (Sereno) (Luiz Inácio) arr.: Samuel Kerr
16. Feliz Natal (Alvarenga & Ranchinho)
17. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Hugh Martin & Ralph Blane)
18. Let Music Fill This Place (Joseph M. Martin)
About the Music project at MCB
With continuous editions since 1999, the Music project at MCB has benefited more than 240 thousand people, who had free access to shows from groups such as Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Fine Thing Project, Bachiana Jovem Orchestra, Grupo Aum, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band , among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Casa Brasileira Museum between March and December, currently gather around 400 spectators on average every Sunday.
Music on MCB – Season 19
Orquestra Pinheiros and the Coral do Esporte Clube Pinheiros
December 9th, Sunday, always at 11am
Museum of the Brazilian House
Av. Faria Lima, 2.705 – Jd. Paulistano
Tel .: (11) 3032.3727
Tue. to sun. from 10am to 6pm