Music at MCB | Orquestra Pinheiros
The first presentation of the Music project at the MCB in 2018 at the Museu da Casa Brasileira, institution of the São Paulo State Secretariat of Culture, will be performed by Orquestra Pinheiros, on March 11, at 11am. The show will also be to commemorate the group’s 16-year existence.
Under the direction and direction of Murilo Alvarenga, on the MCB board, the audience will be able to pay homage to the great orchestras and masters of music, dance, cinema and theater, such as Glenn Miller, Ray Coniff and Duke Ellington.
Orquestra Pinheiros completes this year 16 years of existence, being the only club orchestra of São Paulo. In 2002, the orchestra began with 7 people and today has 40 musicians who dedicate their time to making quality music.
1. Cole Porter Classics, arr .: Douglas E. Wagner
2. Goldfinger, John Barry
3. James Bond Theme, Monty Norman – arr .: Tom Davis
4. Mission Impossible Theme, Lalo Schifrin – arr .: Roger Holmes
5. Moonlight Serenade, Glenn Miller – transc / recreated: Jeff Hest
6. A String of Pearls, Jerry Gray
7. Selection Ray Conniff (Besame Mucho, Strangers in Paradise, Too Young) – arr .: Neves
8. Perfidia, Alberto Domingues – arr .: Michael Sweeney
9. Waltz # 2, Dimitri Shostakovich
10. Cry Me A River, Arthur Hamilton – arr .: Andy Allen – Rita Valente
11. All the Way, S. Cahn & J. Van Heusen – Ana Taglianetti and Murilo Alvarenga
12. Night Train to Kansas City, Henderson, Ware, Lieber & Stoller – arr .: Eric Burger – Roberto Braga
13. Let’s Face the Music and Dance, Irving Berlin, – arr .: Johnny Mandel – Murilo Alvarenga
14. I Will not Dance, Jerome Kern – arr .: Rob Mounsey – Rita Valente
15. I’ve Got You Under My Skin, Cole Porter – transc / adap: Miles Collins – Murilo Alvarenga
16. What I Did for Love, Marvin Hamlish – Ana Taglianetti
17. Sway, P. Beltran Ruiz, L. Demetrio Traconis Molina & Norman Gimbel – Roberto Braga
About the Music project at MCB
With continuous editions since 1999, the Music project at MCB has benefited more than 240 thousand people, who had free access to shows from groups such as Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Fine Thing Project, Bachiana Jovem Orchestra, Grupo Aum, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band , among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Casa Brasileira Museum between March and December, currently gather around 400 spectators on average every Sunday.
ter. a dom. das 10h às 18h