Music on MCB | Orquestra de Câmara de ECA-USP
Considered one of the main artistic organizations of the University of São Paulo, the Chamber Orchestra of the School of Communications and Arts of USP – OCAM has been a fundamental reference in the scope of the professional orchestras of the country and has been conducted since 2001 by Maestro Gil Jardim. On this day, the presentation will also feature the regency of Filipe Fonseca.
1. Darius Milhaud, The Ox on the Roof – Johann Sebastian BACH (Orchestration by Anton WEBERN) – Fuga (Ricercata) (From “Musikalisches Opfer, BWV 1079)”
2. Suites nº1 and nº2, Igor Stravinsky
3. The Unanswered Question, Charles Ives
4. Divertissement, Jacques Ibert
5. Trenzinho do Caipira (Bachianas Brasileiras nº2), Heitor Villa Lobos
6. Odeon, Ernesto Nazareth – arrangement by Sérgio Kuhlmann
The Museu da Casa Brasileira, an institution of the São Paulo State Department of Culture, is dedicated to the preservation and diffusion of the material culture of the Brazilian house, being the only museum in the country that specializes in architecture and design. The MCB program includes temporary and long-term exhibitions, with an agenda that also includes activities of the educational service, debates, lectures and publications contextualizing the museum’s vocation for the formation of a critical thinking in themes such as architecture, urbanism, housing, economy urban mobility and sustainability. Among its innumerable initiatives, the MCB Design Prize, the main award of the segment in the country, made since 1986; and the Casas do Brasil project, to rescue and preserve memory about the rich diversity of the country.
Tue. to sun. from 10am to 6pm