MUSIC AT MCB | FREEDOM BIG BAND
Formed by 17 musicians, 14 of them with previous performance in the Youth Orchestra Tom Jobim, the Freedom Big Band stands out for the integral dedication to the theoretical study and the musical practice of its members. Searching for a musical identity of their own, the group did research on various Brazilian musical genres, their composers and curiosities, and found in the Week of Modern Art inspiration for the setlist, which will describe the paintings, sculptures, monuments, poems and curiosities that exist in time through music.
April 16th, Sunday at 11am – free admission (subject to capacity)
01. Os Sapos | Baseada no Poema de Manuel Bandeira (Rubinho Antunes)
02. Esculptura | Baseada nas Obras de Vila Lobos (João Lenhari)
03. Carnaval | Baseada na pintura Carnaval, de Di Cavalcanti (Rubinho Antunes)
04. Empurra Empurra | Baseada nas Escultura As Bandeiras, de Victor Brecheret (Thiago Lourenço)
05. Homem Amarelo | Baseada no quadro Anita Malfatti (Rubinho Antunes)
06. Suíte para o Sapo Manuel | Baseada no Poema de Manuel Bandeira (Caio Milan)
07. O Abaporu | Baseada na pintura a óleo Abaporú, de Tarsila do Amaral (Rubinho Antunes)
About the project Música no MCB
With continuous editions since 1999, the project Music at MCB has benefited more than 240,000 people, who had free access to shows from groups such as Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Projeto Coisa Fina, Orquestra Bachiana Jovem, Grupo Aum, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band, among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Casa Brasileira Museum between March and December, currently gather around 400 spectators each Sunday.
Tue. to sun. from 10am to 6pm