Music on MCB | Dani Mattos & Toque de Bambas
The songs by Adoniran Barbosa and Paulo Vanzolini are part of the repertoire of “Cronistas da Cidade” by Dani Mattos & Toque de Bambas, which takes place at the Museu da Casa Brasileira, an institution of the State Culture Secretariat managed by Civil Society through A Casa Museum of Brazilian Arts and Crafts, on November 11, Sunday, at 11am, with free admission.
The group Dani Mattos & Toque de Bambas is formed by Tito Longo (musical direction and cavaquinho), Marcelo Monserat (guitar), Koka Pereira (percussion) and Marcos Brito (voice and bass) and also has special guest appearances by Iuri Salvagnini and Edu Potato. The artistic and musical design is performed by Dani Mattos. In the presentation at MCB, the set will bring to the stage the poetry of Paulo Vanzolini in songs like “José” and “Plaza Clovis” and creations of Adoniran Barbosa, such as “Samba no Bixiga” and “Erase the fire, Mané”.
The group has already performed with the show ‘Cronistas da Cidade’ at the Cultural Circuit Paulista, in which it was also one of those contemplated by ProArt for CÉUS Workshops. In 2016, they performed at the MuBE Nova Cultural and Virada Cultural Theater, under the program “Memória Viva”, and on the anniversary of the city of São Paulo in 2017, at Casa Mario de Andrade, within the project Memórias da Barra Funda. This year, they performed the show at the Casa Museu Ema Klabin, CEU Jaguaré and at the study center A Casa Tombada.
1. Samba no Bixiga (Adoniran Barbosa)
2. Luz da Light/ Acende o Candeeiro (Adoniran Barbosa)
3. Conselho de Mulher (Adoniran Barbosa)
4. Samba Italiano (Adoniran Barbosa)
5. Apaga o Fogo, Mané (Adoniran Barbosa)
6. Triste Margarida (Adoniran Barbosa)
7. Mulher, Patrão e Cachaça (Adoniran Barbosa)
8. História das Malocas/Saudosa Maloca (Adoniran Barbosa)
9. Vila Esperança (Adoniran Barbosa)
10. O Casamento do Moacir (Adoniran Barbosa)
11. Diálogos das Radionovelas da Record (criação de Osvaldo Moles e Adoniran Barbosa)
12. Leilão (Paulo Vanzolini)
13. José (Paulo Vanzolini)
14. Praça Clovis (Paulo Vanzolini)
15. Juízo Final (Paulo Vanzolini)
16. Samba Erudito (Paulo Vanzolini)
17. Os Homens Que Deus Qué Bem (do livro Tempos de Cabo, de Paulo Vanzolini)
About the Music project at MCB
With continuous editions since 1999, the Music project at MCB has benefited more than 240 thousand people, who had free access to shows from groups such as Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Fine Thing Project, Bachiana Jovem Orchestra, Grupo Aum, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band , among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Casa Brasileira Museum between March and December, currently gather around 400 spectators on average every Sunday.
Music on MCB – Season 19
Dani Mattos & Toque de Bambas
November 11, Sunday, at 11am
Museum of the Brazilian House
Av. Faria Lima, 2.705 – Jd. Paulistano
Tel .: (11) 3032.3727
Tue. to sun. from 10am to 6pm