MUSIC AT MCB | BLOCO AFRO AFIRMATIVO ILU INÃ
The Music at MCB project, carried out by the Museu da Casa Brasileira anticipates Carnival in its 21st season. On February 9th, Sunday, at 11 am, the musical meal is guaranteed and has free entry.
Who brings the carnival to the stage of the MCB on February 9th is the Afro Affirmative Block Ilu Inã with the show ‘Carnaval e Resistência’, a tribute to the societies and institutions of Brazilian Afro legacy that made the carnival a cry of struggle amidst to revelry.
In the Museum’s presentation, the public will be able to see the group’s compositions that rescue and re-present great sambas.
Check out the full repertoire:
1. Ogó (Melvin Santhana e Fernando Alabê)
2. IIu Inã (Allan da Rosa)
3. Que barulho é esse? (Vitor da Trindade)
4. Alusivo – Quem viver verá (Fernando Alabê e Roberto Mendes Barbosa)
5. Primeiro Movimento – Papá Eleguá (Melvin Santhana e Fernando Alabê)
6. Segundo movimento: Caminhos (Fernando Alabê e Melvin Santhana)
7. Terceiro Movimento: Mesmo que o mundo vague (Lívia Golden e Fernando Alabê)
8. Quarto Movimento: Herança (Lívia Golden)
9. Quinto Movimento: Receita (Lívia Golden, Fernando Alabê e Melvin Santhana)
10. Segundo Movimento –Caminhos (Fernando Alabê)
About the Music at MCB project
With continuous editions since 1999, the Music at MCB project has benefited more than 240 thousand people, who had free access to shows by groups like Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Coisa Fina Project, Bachiana Youth Orchestra, Aum Group, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band , among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Museu da Casa Brasileira between the months of January and December, currently gather around 500 spectators on average each Sunday.
Music at MCB – 21st season
Bloco Afro Afirmativo Ilu Inã
February 9th, Sunday at 11am
Museu da Casa Brasileira
Av. Brig. Faria Lima, 2705 – Jardim Paulistano
Near the Faria Lima station on the Yellow Line of the Metro
Phone: (11) 3032-3727
ter. a dom. das 10h às 18h