Music on MCB | Brazú Quintê
With essence in chamber music, Brazú Quintê presents compositions inspired by Brazilian rhythmic foundations.
1. Matraca (Fábio Leal)
2. Seresta de Câmara (Fábio Leal)
3. Maracatu Urbano (Fábio Leal)
4. Guarânia (Fábio Leal)
5. Toada da Boa Sorte (Mariana Rodrigues)
6. Frevo (Egberto Gismonti) arr. Fábio Leal
7. Vento de maio (Telo Borges e Márcio Borges) arr. Fábio Leal
8. Beduína (Toninho Ferragutti) arr. Fábio Leal
9. Pagode em Brasília/ Comitiva Esperança (Tião Carreiro e Pardinho/Almir Sater e Paulo Simões)
10. Doidinho, doidinho – (Dominguinhos e Anastácia) arr. Fábio Leal
11. Praiana (Léo Ferrarini)
12. Caipora- Prelúdio e Fuga (Carlos Iafelice) (Obra composta para o quinteto)
About the Music project at MCB
With continuous editions since 1999, the Music project at MCB has benefited more than 240 thousand people, who had free access to shows from groups such as Pau Brasil, Zimbo Trio, Fine Thing Project, Bachiana Jovem Orchestra, Grupo Aum, Mawaca and Traditional Jazz Band , among others. The presentations, which take place on stage set up on the terrace of the Casa Brasileira Museum between March and December, currently gather around 400 spectators on average every Sunday.
The Museu da Casa Brasileira, an institution of the São Paulo State Department of Culture, is dedicated to the preservation and diffusion of the material culture of the Brazilian house, being the only museum in the country that specializes in architecture and design. The MCB program includes temporary and long-term exhibitions, with an agenda that also includes activities of the educational service, debates, lectures and publications contextualizing the museum’s vocation for the formation of a critical thinking in themes such as architecture, urbanism, housing, economy urban mobility and sustainability. Among its innumerable initiatives, the MCB Design Prize, the main award of the segment in the country, made since 1986; and the Casas do Brasil project, to rescue and preserve memory about the rich diversity of the country.